Monday, July 8, 2013

Favorite Words

After researching some about using writer's notebooks in the classroom, I decided to make a list of all my favorite words.  I don't know why I haven't done this before.  Perhaps this is a result of my brain trying to function at such a late hour, but I thought it was a pretty fun game, spouting off words and chuckling to myself at how clever I think I am.  I even tried to get Kyle involved, but he didn't find it too entertaining.  Oh well, I'm proud to wear the English nerd hat.

These are not in alpha order.  I'm not OCD, just look at my house.  The list is ever-growing, but here are some of my favorite words:

amalgamate
apoplectic
superfluous
eclectic
satiate
propel
evoke
extrapolate
excavate
fallible
fiasco
frenzy
malleable
commiserate
eccentric
kinesthetic
nurture
zealous/zeal
zoom
expel
suffice
concede
unapologetic
surface
chuckle
cackle
exacerbate
frazzled
baffled
dumbfounded
articulate
enunciate

I could keep going but I'll stop here.
What are some of your favorite words?

1 comment: